Today, we’re highlighting a few of the best etailInsights posts from 2013. They cover a multitude of topics and are worth mentioning again. Hopefully you will find the list helpful!
1) What Social Media Data Tells You About Your Target Ecommerce Client
Social media activity reveals a lot about your clients. This article goes into how you can use the information gathered via social media to your advantage when selling.
2) Common eTailer CMO Pain Points Series
3) Can You Help eTailers Figure Out Their Target Customer?
Data accuracy and customer profiling are crucial to targeting the right customer. Learn how you can gain a competitive advantage by helping your client find their target customer.
4) How To Create a Webinar Your Target Customer Will Attend
Webinars are great sales and marketing tools. The trick is actually getting people to attend.
5) How To Get Your Bullseye Customer To Follow You On Twitter
Learn how to create a loyal community of followers in 140 characters or less.
6) Understanding Budget Timelines And When eTailers Look For Vendors
Timing is everything, right? Learn how to approach etailers when the time is just right.
7) 3 Qualities eTailer Managers Look For In A Vendor Contact
What exactly are managers looking for in a salesperson? What are their expectations? This post answers these questions.
8) 5 Sales Subject Lines That Will Get eTailer Managers To Open Your Email
Email marketing can be a goldmine if you do it right. Check out how to make some irresistibly clickable subject lines.
9) This New Psychology Study Gives Us Insight Into Why People Buy From You
This post busts the common myth that only extroverts can be great sellers by looking into a recent psychology study.
10) 3 Mobile Apps Every Salesperson Needs
Check out these 3 must-have apps for salespeople and make sure you’re equipped with them when you head out on a sales call.
Which posts from 2013 did you find to be the most helpful?
I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments!