By now I’m sure you’ve heard. Mobile is kind of a big deal.
We briefly touched on it the other day when talking about the holiday season, and now we’ll go a little deeper.
Sit back and get comfortable, because this mobile train isn’t stopping any time soon, and here are a few reasons why.
Mobile Devices Have Taken Over
A number of sources have reported that mobile devices like smart phones and tablets will eventually outnumber the people on this planet.
Think about that.
The sheer number of mobile devices is a big reason why this wave has hit us so hard. Innovation has made them easier to use and has increased their ability to do some incredible things. They’re like mini computers in our pockets, and as a result, our everyday reliance on them has grown.
These days, it seems we need smartphones just as much as we need food, air, and water.
We’re Busier Than Ever
Not only are Americans working longer hours than ever before, we also work longer than anyone else in the industrial world.
Additionally, another study shows that it’s also becoming harder for us to take time off. With email and social media at our fingertips 24/7, the line between work and leisure has been blurred. Even when we do take a vacation, 61% of us spend that time doing work.
We’re always busy. We’re always on the go, and many times, mobile content is our best option.
Even in the bathroom, we don’t like to waste time. 75% of Americans admit to bringing their phones into the stall with them.
eTailers Are Investing
78% of retailers plan to invest big bucks into mobile this year.
Are you one of them? If not, maybe you should be.
Of the 400 companies surveyed in the U.S. and Europe, 51% said they are already operating a mobile site or application. The other 49% said they plan on having a mobile presence by the end of the second quarter this year.
With so many etailers jumping onto the bandwagon, momentum is only going to keep growing.
Now that we know mobile is here to stay, what is your company doing about it?
How are you preparing to take on this mobile revolution?
Share your thoughts in the comments!